Who we are
Our website address is: http://butterflyspirit.yoga.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect and process personal data to enable us to communicate with members of our community about our activities. This includes the following kinds of personal data:
- Given name(s)
- Email addresses
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your personal data
We store and process your personal data carefully and securely. We use it exclusively for our own activities and these personal data will not be shared with any third parties or be passed on outside the EU. We hold the data until such as Butterfly Spirit Yoga ceases to exist, or until the data subject requests erasure, whichever is the sooner. If you do not wish to receive our communications and/or wish your data to be erased from our records, you may inform us at any time by email or by submitting a comment on our website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Regulatory requirements in the European Union
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR). The legislative text is available here.
The GDPR defines the rights of individuals whose personal data is held by organisations (data subjects). The GDPR defines a number of rights of data subjects as follows:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of his/her personal data;
- The right to access his/her personal data;
- The right to rectify his/her personal data if the personal data is incorrect or incomplete;
- The right to make a request for erasure of his/her personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of his/her personal data;
- The right to receive his/her personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those personal data to another controller. This right can be effectively exercised only when the processing of the personal data is based on consent or on a contract;
- The right to secure the restriction of processing of his/her personal data. This right only applies in certain circumstances. He/she will have the right to request restriction of the processing of his/her personal data in the following circumstances:
- he/she contests the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing of his/her personal data is unlawful and he/she opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction instead;
- the organisation no longer needs his/her personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the personal data are required by him/her for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- he/she has objected to processing and are pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of our organisation override his/hers.
The data controller
To contact the data controller, please email email@example.com